10 Poisonous Plants That Look Edible

10. Rhododendron

If you think that you’ve found bay leaves growing in your backyard, double check that they aren’t rhododendron leaves. Referred to as the “suicide bush” by native Americans, this plant contains a toxin called grayanotoxin. Produced by the plant’s nectar, the poison is found most prominently in the leaves, with the entire plant is toxic to both humans and animals if consumed in significant amounts. Causing lovely things like nausea, vomiting and general weakness, this plant is as dangerous as it is pretty. On the upside, you’d have to eat a lot of it to actually die (for instance, a 50 lb. child would have to eat 100-225 grams in order for him/her to be in severe danger). Note: Also watch out for azaleas, as they carry the same toxin.
10. Rhododendron